Monday, November 17, 2008

Plugging along

I just finished chapters 5 and 12 of the book I'm working on and sent them off to the editor for feedback. Both of them were pretty difficult, with lots of research (which I shouldn't have had to do in the first place) involved. No rest for the weary, though. I'm jumping right into chapter 6 this week and hope to get it finished over the next few days. I'll admit some base motivation for getting it done quickly: I want to be done with this project before I'm 60, and I want to get paid.

Okay, I do like what I'm writing and I believe in this project. I'm creating a book that will benefit expatriates in Jordan for years to come, hopefully. But it has been a bit of a pain at times, as my part of the project has morphed into something with a bit of a larger scope than I originally intended. But isn't that the way it always is? If it isn't, please don't tell me.

Anyway, as far as the rest of life goes, I've got to get dressed, grab something to eat, and head out to the car registration office to get a replacement for my car registration license card that went missing a couple of weeks ago. Apparently, it fell out of my wallet and one of my kids absconded with it. Who knows where it is now--we searched the whole house to no avail.

So last week, I endured the bureaucracy for two hours over at the car registration office to get a little slip of paper that said "come back in 3 or 4 days." Today, I'm going back, hopefully to success.

2 comments:

mideastmom said...

So, did you? Succeed, that is? I forgot to ask. Oops. Wife of the Year Award.

M. Lawrence Key said...

Nope. Ran out of time. Maybe Wednesday instead.