Friday, October 26, 2007

A sendoff and a failure of nerve...

Okay, I sent off my most recent detective story to Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine. All well and good, right? Well, when I was editing it about two in the morning, I decided to make a radical change to the title and also add in some stuff that changed the setting, as well as some internal character motivation. 
Then I sent it off.
Bad move.
In the harsh light of having a few more hours of sleep, I took another look at the title and the additions I'd made and realized with horror how maudlin and cheesy and trite they sounded. 
So it's another letter to Andromeda Spaceways asking for them to remove the first manuscript and reinsert the original one, with the original title, instead. 
I may just have ruined any chance I had of being published this time around by this magazine. 
Oh well. If it's meant to be, it'll happen. If not, there are other slush piles in the publishing world.  

0 comments: